Are you facing an issue while connecting Google Analytics with your website? Here you will get a step-by-step guide to connecting Google Analytics with your website.
Getting an understanding of Google Analytics begins with setting it up.
- Who is visiting your website?
- What materials do they desire to view from your company
- how individuals act while visiting your website
The best part is Google Analytics is absolutely FREE
Before moving on to know how to connect google analytics, we need to understand what actually is Google Analytics.
What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that tracks and reports website traffic. This is the most popular web analytics service.
You can track traffic to your website using Google Analytics. This includes their location, how they access it, what devices they use, and which pages they visit.
You can also track conversions, such as sales or sign-ups, and understand how visitors engage with your website.
By using Google Analytics, you can get insights into the performance of your website and use this information to improve its design and functionality.
You can also use it to track the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns and to make data-driven decisions about your website’s content and marketing strategy.
Why you need Google Analytics?
Here are just a few data you can get from Google Analytics:
- Amount of traffic your site gets
- The websites you are getting traffic
- Individual page traffic
- Amount of leads converted
- The websites from where you are getting leads
- Demographic information of visitors (e.g. where they live)
- Whether your traffic comes from mobile or desktop
How to connect Google Analytics to your website?
To connect Google Analytics to your website you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Analytics website and click “Sign In” in the top right corner.
- Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
- Click the “Admin” button in the bottom left corner of the page.
- In the middle column, click the “+ Create Account” button.
- Fill in the form to create a new Analytics account. You will need to provide the name of your website and the website’s URL.
- Click the “Get Tracking ID” button to get your tracking code.
- Copy the tracking code and paste it into the HTML of your website, just before the closing </head> tag.
- Save your changes and publish your website. It may take up to 24 hours for data to start appearing in your Google Analytics account.
Connecting Google Analytics through Google Tag manager
To connect to Google Analytics through Google Tag Manager, you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Create a Google Tag Manager account and set up a new container for your website.
- Go to your Google Analytics account and click on “Admin” in the left-hand menu.
- In the “Property” column, click on “Tracking Info” and then on “Tracking Code.”
- Copy the tracking code provided.
- Go back to Google Tag Manager and click on “Add a new tag.”
- Click on the “Tag Configuration” box, and then select “Google Analytics: Universal Analytics” from the list of options.
- Paste the tracking code you copied from Google Analytics into the “Tracking ID” field.
- Under “Triggering,” select the trigger that you want to use to fire the tag. For example, you might want to fire the tag on all pages of your website.
- Click on the “Save” button to save your new tag.
- Preview your changes and test them to make sure that the tag is firing correctly.
- If everything looks good, click on the “Submit” button to publish your changes.