Google Search Console is a must-have tool for all site owners, as it gives you an incredible amount of information about how your site is doing in search.
We strongly advise you to add your website to Google Search Console to fully benefit from all the insights.
Similar Topic: How to Add Google Analytics Tracking to a Website?
It only takes a couple of steps to connect your site to Google Search Console through html tag. Let’s see how that works!
What is Search Console and why should you use it?
Google Search Console is a free tool that helps you monitor and maintain your website’s presence in Google Search results.
It provides valuable information about your website’s search traffic, any crawl errors, and security issues that may arise.
This will give you information about keywords and queries that drive traffic to your site. You can also find out which rich results in your content showed and how your mobile site is performing. You can also check if Google has access to your content. Use it!
To get you started, here’s the beginner’s Guide to Google Search Console
How to Connect Google Search Console to our website
To connect Google Search Console (previously known as Google Webmaster Tools) to your website, follow these steps:
- Go to the Google Search Console website and click “Sign In” in the top right corner.
2. Sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can create one for free.
3. Click the “Add a Property” button under the search drop-down.
You can add up to 1000 properties to your Google Search Console account.
4. Enter the URL of your website and click “Continue.”
5. Select the “HTML tag” option and copy the provided code.
6. Log in to your WordPress website.
7. Paste the code into the HTML of your website, just before the closing </head> tag.
8. Save your changes and publish your website.
9. Return to the Google Search Console and click the “Verify” button to complete the process.
It’s easy to connect your website to Google Search Console
It’s easy to connect to Search Console. We strongly recommend it. Search Console provides a wealth of information about your site’s performance. It shows you not only what is working well, but also what is going wrong. You will find that the advice you receive is actionable and easy to follow through on.